Wednesday, July 13, 2011

So many chickens, so much to do, not enough time!

Well, in the past few months of having chickens, I've officially become the "crazy chicken lady".

The past week and a half has been rough. No eggs from anyone, a chick died on us, we had to cull 2 of our birds, and I crushed a brown leg horn chick today, possibly paralyzing it! It's just been a super hard time since June. We currently have 14 chicks and about 13 chickens. We have a Jersey Giant that is currently hatching this afternoon, and hopefully Josh will get to see it hatch.

I'm not sure what I would do now, if I didn't have chickens. I mean, yeah, I've got the kids and dogs, but chickens keep you pretty busy. And they are pretty fun for the kids. The ducks on the other hand, just make huge messes. Oy Vey!!!

Well, I will continue my adventure tomorrow.

Toodles,
TnChickHen

No comments:

Post a Comment