Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A duck! A duck!!

We have a baby duckling hatching today! Very excited about this hatch! This is our first duck to hatch. I have someone interested in getting the duck for her granddaughter which is very exciting for me. As I've found a home for the one right now. He/She will live here for a couple weeks, and than go on to it's palace. Lol. Apparently her "daddy to be" is building a palace for the duckling. At least I know it will be well taken care of. I also got a cochin egg this morning. It's about time Henny! Sheesh! We are going to incubate this one and a rhode island red egg, we want to find out what the "mutt" chicken will look like. All in all I'm very excited about all this hatching. We are also getting a Jersey giant rooster this weekend. So that little miss Cheese will have someone to rendezvous with in the future. And have huge chickens!!!! On to other things today...

TnChickHen

1 comment:

  1. My aunt used to have a duck - right in the middle of Houston - haha!

    ReplyDelete