Friday, October 28, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken

Well, it's chicken night, again!!!! Tonight since I don't work until 10 pm, I'm preparing a delicious recipe (something new of course) for the family. It is going to be a bacon wrapped stuffed (with cream cheese, onions, chives) chicken. Also I made a chocolate cake from scratch and I'm going to drizzle caramel over it and inside of it!!! It might be covered with the rest of the cream cheese frosting I have left. YUMMY!! Any who, here is the recipe for the 1 person that's following!

Bacon Wrapped Chicken
4 Boneless Skinless chicken breast halves
4 oz of cream cheese with rehydrated minced onions and chives (I put the onions and chives in a tea steeper and rehydrated with boiling water for about a minute. I also substituted Kraft® mexican cheese for Josh and the boys)
4-8 slices of bacon (depending on how much you really LOVE bacon)
Salt (to taste)
1 tablespoon butter or margarine.

Preheat the oven to 400•. Between 2 sheets of wax paper with a mallet (or in my case the rolling pin) flatten the chicken breasts to 1/2" thickness.

Spread the cream cheese (or mexican cheese) on each chicken breast. Place a small amount, 1/4 of the butter on each piece of chicken on top of the cheese. Season with salt. Roll the chicken up and wrap the bacon around the chicken, secure with a toothpick to hold it together.

Bake uncovered in a baking pan for 35-40 minutes. • Or until the juices run clear.

Turn on the broiler and broil chicken about 6" from the heat for about 5 minutes or until bacon is crispy.

Now, for my chocolate cake, I just used Hersey's ® Cocoa powder and followed the directions on the back of the container for the cake. My frosting I've been keeping a secret for quite some time, but I'll share the carrot cake recipe the next time I make a cake..... Be on the look out!! YUMMY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment